Thursday 28 June 2012

Croppin It'


When cropped tees first came into style, my first reaction was: for skanks only. But now, I actually really like them and I think they’re a cute essential top to own for spring and summer. They’re also perfect for layering and you don’t necessarily have to show off your midriff to be able to wear the tees. If you’re interested in trying out this trend, I suggest you head over to an inexpensive chain store first. Cropped tees are meant to be easy and breezy so I don’t feel you need to invest in these pieces nor do you need to find ones made of good quality.

Above, I have shown you my four favourite ways to wear cropped tops. (From left to right)

First we have the looser version of the shirt, this one falls over all those unsightly bumps and if you pair it with tight high waisted shorts, the outfit hides a little o’ tum.

The second one is probably my favourite which is the basic cropped tee. Choose a solid colour and then match it with a patterned tank underneath, also works vice versa.

The third is perfect for beach cover ups and also leaves a little to the imagination which is always good if you’re body shy. If you want to look stylish just choose a swimsuit colour that matches your top.

The final one, is a little dressier and good for summer luncheons. A tight bandage dress might leave you feeling like Kim Kardashian but throw on the tie up shirt and do up the buttons high.

Last summer, I also tried cropping my own t-shirt which had a high collar and unflattering shape. All I did was cut the scoop neck and bottom off before folding the exposed fraying bits and sewing them up. The shirt looked like it’s former self’s trendier, cuter sister!!

x Karen

8 comments:

  1. Love the nautical style of your blog! I love cropped tops, I didn't before (because I am chubby) but they're actually suitable for all!
    I would so go for the first look, the heart top is great!
    - Che

    style-che.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, your blog looks great! ;)
    Followed back
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm liking that crocheted top!!

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. you had great idea, I love outfit on the right :)

    www.prettytobehappy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too funny!:) I thought the cropped tops are for skanks only too, but I somehow managed to pull it off and pass the Skanksville!:)
    I am totally adding you to my follow list!:)
    xx



    style-squared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. THanks for checking out my blog, I followed you :)

    peaceloveandshimmer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that crochet top with the swimsuit bottoms - so bohemian!

    ~Jacy

    http://laviedelenore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete