Monday 25 June 2012

Keep Calm & Carry On

Once upon a time, there lived a young girl with a limited wardrobe and a big imagination. On the 24th of June, she decided to pick a navy and red checked Miss Shop Jacket, pair it with a navy tutu from a local boutique, a hairbow from Equip and she finished it off wisely for the chilly weather in some cotton tights.

This outfit just screams British to me and I wish I could top it off with one of those black furry tall hats that the guards outside the Bukingham Palace wear. So it was only fitting to photoshop myself in front of some red phone booths to match the redness in my checked coat. Keep Calm and Carry On was a poster produced by the British government in 1939 during the beginning of the Second World War, intended to raise the morale of the British public in the event of invasion. So very appropriate for the title of my OOTD.

I love the different textures in the outfit: The tulle + the wool (it rhymes!) I like to think of it as a tulle skirt with pearl accents! I was honestly a little self conscious, walking down the streets in a tutu but it wasn't that poofy so it probably went under the radar as a skirt to other people. After I got over the initial wierdness of walking through the mall in bottoms that belong to a three year old's closet, I started thinking Hey! Maybe I'll get photographed by The Satorialist or a street style photographer and end up becoming like blogger-famous! Of course that never happened but I am allowed to dream, right? 
 
 
x Karen

19 comments:

  1. Love it, Hun!! You look fabulous!
    Oh, check out my blog today, Karen. I've nominated you for an award!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute and fun outfit, I love it! And that collage is really great! Can't wait to see more, I'm following you now :)

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! lovely blog!
    thank you for comment on my blog.
    i follow you too.


    XoXo Nastia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea!!! Great outfit... :)
    Wanna follow each other on bloglovin? Let me know on a comment! :)

    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! thx for sweet comment{} yeah. lets follow each other dear!
    miss-monaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. sure dear...i love your blog..
    lets follow..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great!! nice post dear:)
    btw mind to fllw each other?
    jessillesilv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for comment, yes we can follow each other, I follow, follow me back.;)
    xoxo. Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome pics :) Love it.
    I'm following you,hope you will check and follow my blog too :)
    teenfashioncorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your skirt! so sweet :)
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing inspiration, gorgeous pics.
    Would you like to follow each other?
    If you like my it, follow my blog. I will follow you back with pleasure. :-**
    Have a nice day, darling! Keep in touch.
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  12. sure..follow me dear.)
    will follow u back asap:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your outfit is really great! :) I'm following you now :)
    Have a nice day!

    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm following you --- please follow me back!

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. m following u..
    follow me back..:)
    xoxo sabbi

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are adorable!!!






    style-squared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great blog!! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog, follow you know ;-)

    XxX
    http://fabulousstylews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post dear. I would love to follow, I'm following you now. Don't forget to follow back :)

    ReplyDelete