Friday 22 June 2012

Do or Dye


Dip dyed ends are a fun way to wear your hair to parties and throughout the summer. It’s super easy and there are several methods, some longer lasting and others which you can wash out right after. My personal favourite is using soft pastel chalk which is an inexpensive alternative to colour bugs: 1. Spray the areas that you want to colour your hair with water 2. Start with your first desired colour and rub it against your hair, if you’re blonde, the colour will show up quite quickly but if you have darker hair, you might need to rub it in longer. Try twisting your hair because this will release more pigmentation. 3. Continue this process for your second and third colour. 4. Wait for your ends to air dry. 5. Flat iron your ends or curl them with heat, this will ‘melt’ the colour into your hair. 6. Instead of using pastels you can also use, really pigmented eyeshadows, food colouring or Kool-aid!

♡Karen

9 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for following!
    Your blog is super cute! I am following now:))

    have a great weekend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! welcome to blogspot and thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. I'm following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! I'm sorry to hear about your wordpress account, Karen... sounds frustrating. I can't imagine trying to start all over again with my blog!
    It was lovely of you to stop by my blog to follow and comment... I'm thrilled to be one of your first followers!
    Have a beautiful day!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes.
      I have learnt my lesson now: which is too always export your blog at least once a week!
      Thank you so much, the honour!

      Delete
  4. Your blog is fabulous and so is this post. Thanks for following and leaving a lovely comment. I'm following you now. Can you tell me how you add your blog's name to the pictures on your blog? Did you use polyvore? - amirajsfashiondiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thankies.
      When pictures, do you mean the one in this post?
      I used Word, then screen clipped the images :)

      Delete
  5. Cute blog, Im following now!
    Hannah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try this sometime! I want pink ends but am incredibly nervous about it! hahha
    I would love for you to visit my blog sometime!!
    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this trend..I still dont know if im brave enough!!!...
    Im now following you! ...couldnt find ur bloglovin link :/

    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete